WHAT TO EXPECT
The experience may look a little different in this new normal, but we hope it will feel the same; ultimately, it will still be our people caring for you and delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to at The Glenridding Hotel. We want to reassure you that we’re putting measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
You are in safe hands, with our commitment to you…
A fully trained and aware team
Increased cleaning procedures
Antibacterial spray available in central facilities
Alcohol hand gel available in central facilities
Perspex barriers at service areas
Physical distancing markings on the floor
Facility capacities, where open, reduced to promote physical distancing
One-way systems in effect to reduce congestion
Non-contact service is possible
BEST PRACTICE, GUIDANCE AND OUR RISK ASSESSMENT
We’re following all government guidelines and working on best practice measures within the hotel. Once confirmed, we’ll complete all necessary risk assessments and certification to validate our policies; all procedures and assessments will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines.
We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort between our team and our guests, so we urge you to please use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you. Importantly, we will not be allowing any of our team members displaying symptoms inside our hotels and we would ask you to exercise the same cautionary approach.
OUR TEAM & SUPPLIERS
We’ll carry out these measures in a way that is true to who we are, so whilst the health and safety of our team and guests is our absolute top priority, we still want you to be able to relax in a space that feels familiar. We’re still shaping the finer details, and as soon as we’re able, we’ll get as much information out to you all about your upcoming bookings, new booking enquiries and what visiting us might look like.
In the meantime, read on below to find out how we are committing to keeping everyone safe whilst staying with us!
As this is an ever changing and evolving situation we’ll continue to be honest, transparent, and up front with you - updating and sharing information with you as soon as possible.
• We’ll share our plan for re-opening, including all measures and produces that have been put in place, on our website and with all bookings ahead of their arrival.
• As we hear the ever changing latest Government directives, we’ll update all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
• All guests will be called in advance of their reservation to confirm the details of their stay and to clarify the procedures that we’ve put in place at that hotel ahead of their arrival.
• Our Reservations team will be equipped with all information regarding staying with us and will be able to answer questions that you might have.
As a hotel with eateries, we already operate with strict cleaning and health and safety measures, but we will now be taking extra steps to ensure that all areas are thoroughly sanitised, clean and compliant.
• All team members will be trained in these new standards and timings of cleaning.
• Check In will now be at 4pm, rather than 3pm, to allow for more time to clean and sanitise guest bedrooms.
• We’ll provide hand sanitiser for staff and guests at every possible opportunity, and significantly increase cleaning of public areas throughout the day.
CHECKING IN AND OUT
We’re working on adapting the Arrival, Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, to support physical distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and team members. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
We will no longer be taking cash, only card payments for all transactions.
Maintaining a physical distance from others is absolutely essential to stop the spread of the virus, but we believe it does not necessarily mean we can’t be sociable! Therefore, we decided to use the term physical distancing, so that it doesn’t feel like you can’t enjoy interacting with the team.
We’ll always adapt our service style to adhere to Government guidelines, and have adjusted table layouts in our Garden room, Beckside Bar & Let it Brew .
We’ll ask our guests to please use common sense and be responsible for your own physical distancing during your stay when moving around the hotel for the wellbeing of both you, other guests and the team. We will be asking the team to do the same for you.
We’ll adhere to Government guidelines and restrictions relating to capacity, and while physical distancing is required in our bar, coffee shop and breakfast restaurant we will be operating with a reduced number of tables, so availability will be limited. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, we will be continuously reviewing our procedures related to capacity.
It is virtually impossible to remove every risk. Therefore, our policy is to mitigate the risk through best practice and risk assessment. We’ll take all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and physical distancing.
• Breakfast will be served at guests’ tables or available as room service, but sadly our much-loved continental buffet breakfast table is not viable with current guidelines.
• We’ll ask our guests to pre-book their Breakfast prior to arrival.
BECKSIDE BAR & LET IT BREW
We will be asking for names and telephone numbers of anyone wishing to visit Beckside Bar and Let it Brew Coffee shop. We are required to keep a record of anyone visiting for 21 days, this is to help assist NHS Track and Trace system. Your information will be stored for at least 21 days after visiting the premises.
Please use the hand sanitiser station provided at the entrance, this is a mandatory when entering the property for your and our safety.
Tables will be positioned at the required distance apart in all our areas, in line with the latest government guidelines. Please do not move any furniture, they are set for your and our safety.
Standing at the bar and counter is no longer permitted, customers are encouraged to use the mobile ordering app to place their order.
We are limited by Government guidelines to the number of people who are allowed to socialise together. We ask that you make a reservation for no more than six people (including children) within your group.
Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
For the moment dogs will not be permitted in any indoor areas however, if you are wishing your dog to accompany you, then please let us know and we can ensure we allocate you a table in our outdoor beer garden.
The entrance to Beckside Bar will now be via the Beer Garden at the rear of the hotel, via the carpark. This One-way system is in effect to reduce congestion.
The entrance for Let it Brew remains at the front of the property, but we ask that you exit via the rear, there will be clear signage .
*subject to availability, due to reduced capacity
Our swimming pool is now open under strict rules and is open to residents only:
- Residents must book a slot in the pool by contacting Reception.
- 30 minute slots are available on a first come first served basis. (we recommend you book your slot prior to arrival to avoid disappointment).
- You must bring your own swimming towels, we will be unable to provide you with a swimming towel to swim
- Only one room will be allowed in the pool at one time.
- The sauna remains closed as per government guidance.