Junior Sous Chef
The Glenridding Hotel is recruiting a Junior Sous Chef to support the Head Chef, the ideal candidate, will help to develop each area to be the first choice within their own market segment. The ideal candidate will control, train, motivate, develop & sustain the required standards.
- 3 years minimum experience in a fresh kitchen
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
To effectively control the food production giving maximum quality and yield.
- Monitoring staff compliance with prescribed operating methods and exercising necessary control to ensure security of stock and property of the Company.
- Support on your shift internal communications requirements linking kitchen personnel with other operating departments of the hotel are working efficiently.
- Liaison between Restaurant, Bar & Coffee Shop personnel is particularly important.
- To assist with the recruitment training and discipline within the department in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- To be aware of all product promotional activities within the hotel and special outside events.
- To ensure that all maintenance requests are reported to the Maintenance Department on discovery in order to correct immediately. Accurate records to be kept.
- To constantly check quality and quantity of food going out of the kitchen.
- To ensure that each sections are manned efficiently and that the Chefs de Partie, Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters are working to the best of their ability.
- To ensure correct methods are used for preparation of food and to check presentation.
- To make sure the kitchen team is giving an efficient, smooth and quick service while maintaining principles and standards set by the Company.
- To check quality and weight of food coming into the kitchen.
- To order and purchase the hotel's food requirements in an economical manner.
- To control all food storage activities to ensure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method stock rotation is used in all areas and sections of the kitchen.
- To achieve the best gross profit levels in relation to budgets and turnover.
- To keep waste to an absolute minimum.
- To ensure each section is controlled in quality, quantity and is stored correctly.
- To attend Heads of Department meetings and Operation meetings in chefs absence when required.
- To promote good working relations across the hot plate.
- To ensure that the kitchen is organised and run to the highest possible levels of safety and hygiene.
- To ensure all kitchens porters are achieving high standards of hygiene within the kitchen.
- To ensure the kitchen back entrance and yard is kept clean and clear of box's, rubbish etc. checking bins are regularly emptied and the area thoroughly cleaned.
- To oversee all Kitchen Porters rotas and time sheets to run the cleaning operation efficiently and economically.
- To ensure the entire kitchen team are wearing the correct uniform.
- To organise and carry out monthly stock-takes in conjunction with the Financial Controller and prepare paperwork for the accounts department.
- To help train and motivate the kitchen brigade and have a happy motivated well-disciplined team.
- Carry out other duties as specified by the Head Chef.
- Support the Head Chef in implementing relevant SOP for all areas in the kitchen as appropriate.
- To carry out monthly training sessions with all your team in line with your departmental SOP manuals, maintaining all training records, which must be signed and kept up to date.
- To complete objectives set by the Head Chef in time allocated.
- To ensure Health & Safety Training is completed and recorded in line with the company guidelines.
- To act in accordance with the Fire Regulations.
- To observe all Security, Hygiene, Weights & Measures, Health & Safety Regulations.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- To be friendly and courteous to Staff, Management and Guests at all times.
- To attend training courses and meeting as requested.
- To undertake any other duty, which you may reasonably be, requested to do.
Are you the Junior Sous Chef we are looking for? If YES, then upload your CV, and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.